Two Rivers Métis Society


Join Our Métis Community

We're open to connect with members that share the Métis Identity!

Métis Registry 

To be registered as Métis, you must apply to the Métis Registry operated by the Metis Nation Canada Governing Member in the province in which you reside. Each provincial Registry has its own application forms and application process. Applicants are required to provide a genealogy showing their link to a Métis ancestor in the historic Métis Nation Homeland which includes the 3 Prairie Provinces and extends into Ontario, British Columbia, the Northwest Territories and the northern United States.

Official Documents You May Need:

Long-form Birth Certificate from provincial Vital Statistics

Baptismal or marriage certificates or other Church records

Tracing your ancestry back 100 years or four more generations

Métis ancestry who received Métis scrip or Manitoba land grants in the 19th or 20th century 

Métis or Half-Breed lineage in the Canadian Census

Passport size photo (requirements on application) and Government Provincial Photo ID

Where To Obtain Your Métis Applications:

You can visit the MNBC website > Under Directory > Citizenship (Métis Identity), Links > Citizenship Resources
Click on the Online Métis Citizenship application form  or printable PDF for Adult App July 14, 2017 or Youth 14 yrs & under.
  • • Complete the full the personal, contact, and family information and signature of the application.
  • • Complete the five generation pedigree chart.
  • • Sign the Indigenous Registry screening consent form.
  • • Complete the Consent to Release Confidential Information form.
For residents of Thompson & Okanagan, please review carefully and mail the completed application directly to the Registry address below:
Terry Ranson
Registry Database Coordinator
103-5668 192nd St.
Surrey, BC V3S 2V7
Toll-free: 1-800-940-1150

Harvesting ID Cards:

Once you have your MNBC Citizenship card, you can apply for your Harvesting application.
You must complete the form in full, sign, and state which type of card you prefer; Two types of cards: Harvester Without Hunting or Harvester With Hunting.
You still need to hold an approved government license and proof of the Hunter Safety training.  This card will replace the Federal Migratory Bird Stamp (license).


Library and Archives Canada  > Genealogy and Family History

How To Find Métis Scrip Records

Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC)

Employment & Training Funding

Chartered Communities- Region 3

Fequently Asked Questions - MNBC

Show your Métis Pride - wear your sash and show your Métis Colours !

Connect with TRMS

 TRMS President - Dean Gladue
   Venue Address - GMs & Events
  Lii Michif Otipemisiwak (LMO Office)
  707 Tranquille Road
  Kamloops, BC  V2B 3J1

  TRMS Website

  Contact Information                                            

 Two Rivers Métis Society (postal only)
 PO BOX 25036
 #35 - 1800 Tranquille Road
 Kamloops, BC  V2B 8R6