TRMS is working hard on increasing our membership lists. Our goal is to be a thriving Métis community
for all Métis citizens and their families.
For a TRMS Certificate and or Card
• TRMS Board Acceptance of a Community Member
• You are verified by MNBC and sent a community acceptance letter by email. Show this email or bring in your MNBC card.
• TRMS forms are completed, community acceptance meeting attendance is expected, Reg. # is assigned to all MNBC Metis identifed citizens - youth to adult.
• TRMS Community Certificate is given, TRMS Community Card will be handed out later to adults and then to youth when they are 18 years of age.
• Youth get an Associate Certificate for now.
• TRMS registration numbers are only for those adults who are verified Metis by MNBC.
• TRMS Certificates are for all supporters of TRMS - Community and Associate. MNBC Verified Metis Youth only get an Associate Certificate.
• Those with a TRMS card will have voting rights as they are MNBC and an adult.
• If you are a youth or adult from or in a Metis family, but are not Metis verified by MNBC, you’ll get a TRMS Associate Certificate upon completing your TRMS Membership Forms. You’ll have no TRMS reg. # and no voting rights.
• If you are non Metis, and a TRMS supporter, then you’ll get a TRMS Associate Member Certificate upon completing your TRMS Membership Forms. You’ll have no TRMS reg. # and no voting rights.
TRMS Membership Procedure:
same price for community or association membership
• $25 new adult
• $5 youth (under 18 years will only be issued a certificate)
• $40 family
• Elders Free (60 years and older)
• $10 for replacement cards, no renewal date
• The TRMS membership application is intented for all seeking to be a community or associate member of TRMS
• Get your TRMS forms and picture handed in while you are waiting to hear from MNBC
• Membership cards and certificates will be issued at a general meetings. You will be notified of the time and date of that meeting. Please Email: firstname.lastname@example.org about your attendance.
• Please have all your documentations, photo, and fees (correct change) ready to be handed in.
• You can print, complete, scan, and email forms. Then send your jpeg by email. Or you can mail the forms and your money and your picture. Or you can hand them in @707 Tranquille Rd. at the LMO Office (Lii Michif Otipemisiwak).
• You can also pay your membership fees the night of a GMtg, by please have your other items in ahead of time.
Wonderful, friendly people who keep
this Métis Community alive!
We ask you for your support as a member of TRMS
so we can continue to participate in Métis activities
and events within our community.