Our goal is to be a thriving Métis community for all Métis citizens and their families. You can become a community member if you are verified by the registrar at Metis Nation BC (MNBC) and also required to be accepted by the Two Rivers community to receive an (MNBC) membership. MNBC sends an email to verify this before releasing membership.
If you need assistance to complete your documentation for MNBC Citizenship, please email the membership director. You can find more information about registering with MNBC in their citizenship area of the site.
Please note: at this point in time our office is on-line only. Please contact us by email at email@example.com
Two Rivers Membership Fees:
- New adult: $25
- Youth: $5 (under 18 years will be issued a certificate only)
- Family: $40
- Elders: Free (60 years and older)
- $10 for replacement cards, no renewal date
Steps for membership
- Request acceptance to the TRMS Metis community using the community acceptance form provided by Metis Nation BC (MNBC).
- Once submitted to Two Rivers, this request is reviewed and approved by the board, then forwarded to MNBC for verification (You will be asked to attend a community acceptance meeting).
- Upon verification of the community acceptance letter, MNBC will mail your MNBC membership card (to the home address you provide). Both youth and adults will receive an MNBC registration number.
- Bring (or email an image of) your MNBC membership card as proof of Metis verified citizenship to Two Rivers, and complete the membership application process (see steps below).
- A Community Certificate with a Two Rivers registration number (which gives you voting rights) is provided to adults only. (*see information about TRMS Associate Certificate for Metis youth below)
A TRMS Associate Certificate (no registration number, no voting rights) will be given upon completion of the TRMS membership application to:
- Metis individuals who are 17 years of age or younger. A TRMS registration number (and voting rights) will be given to these individuals when they turn 18 years old.
- Youth or or adults from, or in, a Metis family who are not Metis verified by MNBC
- Non-Metis TRMS supporters
Apply for TRMS membership while waiting for you MNBC membership:
- Request the TRMS Membership application form by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or download the form on this website or the Facebook page.
- Along with your completed two-page Two Rivers membership application form, the following must be submitted:
- a passport size photo (jpg format preferred) Note: a shoulder and headshot phone selfie against a light background will work. Go ahead and smile; it’s a membership card, not an ID card.
- One proof of ID with a photo – ie. driver’s license, health care card, passport
- A cheque for your membership payment (fees noted below) OR bring the exact change to the TRMS general meeting (but please submit other items in advance).
- Forward the above-noted items to TRMS
- by email to: email@example.com
- mail to: P.O. Box 25036, #35-1800 Tranquille Road, Kamloops, BC, V2B 8R6
- Membership cards and certificates can be mailed to you